Budget Highlights 2016 – Energy
- Construction of 4 mini-hydro power stations at Kamaira, Kumu, Tumatumari and Tiger Hill.
- Rehabilitation and operation of Moco Moco Hydropower Scheme to supply power to the Lethem Power Company.
- Re-development of Tumatumari Hydropower Scheme to supply Mahdia with electricity at low rates.
- $2.5B to improve GPL’s operational management capabilities.
- 830 km of the main distribution network to be rehabilitated to reduce losses and improve safety and reliability.
- Government to examine un-served areas with a view of providing electricity to residents.
- US$50M wind farm at Hope Beach to provide an additional 25 megawatts of power to the national grid and contribute to lower electricity tariffs.
- Exxon Mobil to undertake further exploratory drilling of the Liza Well.
- Petroleum Prospecting Licence and Production Sharing Agreement signed with Tullow Guyana B.V. and Eco (Atlantic) Guyana Inc. for Orinduik Block.
- Sustainable management of the forestry resources to continue through community training and capacity building targeting 400 persons.
Category/ies:Funding Source, Guyana News, Hydropower Tech, News, Renewable Energy, Wind energy.
RSS: RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.